Wednesday, May 7, 2014

UK Underground and the Smiths

At the head of the UK underground in the 1980's was the Smiths. It is so strange that we covered the Smiths in this class because I actually had a friend over winter break tell me about them and about how influential they are to the type of music that is being released today. Since then I have listened to a lot of their songs and I think they are a very interesting and talented group. They are a rock band who are known to be rebellious and radical. They sing about the struggles that come along in life and express strong opinion about the world. This type of music greatly influences the punk rock and hardcore music that I listen today. The Smiths have brilliant song writing ability and I am glad they have been brought into my view. They are a fairly popular band I am surprised I had not heard of them before this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment