Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Clockwork Orange, I'm Singin' in the Rain

This scene in Clockwork Orange is one that is sure to stay in a viewers mind forever. The character Alex DeLarge and his group of friends enter the home of a couple and assault them. After they are done with the assaulting they proceed to rape the wife in front of the husband and have both of their mouths taped shut. In the midst of this chaos Alex begins to sing "I'm singin' in the rain", a song that usually reflects a happy situation. I believe that Stanley Kubrick threw this into the movie to show that these drugged out punks were sick in the head and ultraviolence is what made them happiest. This movie was set in London in the future, it was very surprising to me that this song was chosen but this director is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment