Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stop Motion

I think the concept of stop motion animation is very unique and interesting. I remember as a kid watching Rudolph where Arthur Rankin Jr. used this type of animation and it seemed revolutionary. The Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer television special first ran in 1964 so I think its cool that people are still utilizing this animation technique. Stop motion animation is created by taking multiple photographs (frames) of a static object and these frames are played in a continuous sequence.

The two Vimeo videos that I chose to watch were Bumble Bee Boy and Iron Man Vs. Bruce Lee. I thought that both videos did an incredible job with this animation style, the Bumble Bee Boy animation seems like it must have taken a lot of photographs to complete as it is a small toy with many small parts that were moving. I believe that stop motion animation will continue to be used in the future especially in children's television shows. One example of stop motion animation in a show that I watch is in Robot Chicken on Adult Swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment