Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mark J. Stock

Mark J. Stock might be one of the most inspirational digital artists I have ever seen. I chose to review his piece "Research Code" and I was amazed. Not only does he provide an art piece, he provides extensive research in nearly all of his art pieces. In this piece he consulted thousands of pages of information and added his own contributions. At the end of this project he had created 400 new pages of text and 600 pages of computer code. He then created an image of the paper equivalent of all the work he had done, each revision of each page of code appears on one page of the image. And if that wasn't already impressive enough, the code that was written on these pages was used to create the flowing forms in the image. This is truly one of the coolest things I have ever seen being an amateur programmer myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment