Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Steve Jobs Stanford Address


Although I am a huge supporter of Microsoft and Bill Gates, I believe that Steve Jobs did a wonderful job with this speech. He has always been a guy who is good at selling his ideas and having great visions in his product design. A lot of the great minds out there will drop out of college and the fact that he dropped out of Stanford without graduating and came back to deliver such a powerful speech shows a lot. Even though I am a Macintosh “hater” doesn’t mean that I can’t show some respect for the legacy he left behind. Bill Gates was a guy who wanted to create a computer that EVERYONE could use and be able to afford. Steve Jobs created products that showed so much style and character that their price tags can ALMOST be justified. I was a little disappointed in Steve dropping the ball on Microsoft in this speech saying that Microsoft copied everything from them. I think Steve was being a little hypocritical in the fact that I have heard him use the Picasso phrase, “good artists steal” many times. Nevertheless people will always remember Steve for his aggressive, persuasive, and creative way of getting his messages across.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment